Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Update on the Baby

So we're finally in the home stretch- I'm 36 weeks along (I'll be 37 weeks on Friday.) and ready to not  be pregnant anymore! Daniel's training is right on track and if weather and scheduling cooperate, he might even be home early. (Continue to pray for him and for good weather in Pueblo!) Combined, these two things mean that we will be ready to welcome our addition in just a few weeks!

I saw Dr. McFadden this morning and he said the baby looks nice and healthy. He noticed that the baby was measuring a little on the small side, in about the 14th percentile instead of the 50th where 36 weekers usually are. However, since the fluid around the baby was good, the doctor isn't worried about the size. He called calculating the weight from the ultrasound "an elaborate guessing game" so it's not exact and since Daniel and I, along with our siblings, were on the smaller side at birth, Dr. McFadden said that our baby is just fine.

I can't say I'm completely ready for the whole labor and delivery thing, but what first time mom ever feels 100% prepared for something she's never experienced before? After our birthing class and reading What to Expect When You're Expecting, I feel better prepared and I know I'll have Daniel, who's a wonderful coach, by my side the whole time. I hope to have a drug-free delivery, but I'm not ruling out medical intervention- we'll see how I handle the pain when the time comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment