Thursday, March 11, 2010

Maybe It's a Sign...

As of tomorrow, I will be 34 weeks pregnant and that means about 6 more weeks of back pain, constant forgetfulness and baby punches to the bladder. Daniel is continuing to do his reading of "Heading Home with Your Newborn" and we both attended "Infant Communication" class today. It was really interesting and I'm glad we went. Besides learning about Baby Signs and how to teach our little one this "in between" communication before he/she can form words, it was a chance for me to see some women that I hadn't seen in a long time. I met them at a coffee in January when Allison was still pregnant and Maggie had her baby Drew in tow at just 3 months old. Now, Allison is a mommy of 2 and brought her 4 week old baby boy to the class and Drew is 5 months old and getting so big! It's great to be back in a community of women who will be together for more than 6 weeks (like at ASBC). They're so welcoming and sweet! They invited me to join in a Beth Moore bible study that will be starting in a couple of weeks as well as the baby playgroup that Maggie hosts at her house.

The one thing that I've noticed about being around other military wives is that we look after our own- when I mentioned that Daniel was going to Colorado for IFS and taking the car (which I can't drive anyways...), Maggie said "But how will you get to the store?! If you need anything, we're always in the car and can take you where you need to go." Allison was also very generous and said that she'd be able to give me a lift to bible study and to the playgroup since she's on base and just down the street from me. It's nice to know that there are so many people around us that are experiencing what we are or soon will be experiencing- TDYs (temporary duty assignments, like IFS or ASBC), new babies, husbands who are spending most of their days on the flight line, and knowing that we won't be here for more than 2 years, at most. It's a different kind of lifestyle, but I wouldn't trade it- I have my wonderful husband who has his dream job, I'm about to become a mom and we have a home of our own with great neighbors around us. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment