Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

I just got back from running errands around base and the best part was definitely the weather- it is absolutely gorgeous outside. The breeze is warm, the sun is shining and the sky is a perfect blue. I turned off the heat in the house and opened our sliding glass door for the first time since moving in! It's hard to believe that just over a week ago I was shoveling a 16" snow drift out of our driveway. I've learned that Oklahoma weather is incredibly fickle, but right now, I love it.

The warmth outside reflects the warmth in my heart as I settle back into my house. For the last week, I was in Wichita Falls, TX staying with my in-laws, Pat and John. It was wonderful to spend time with them and have some company. I've been lonely since Daniel left for Colorado, but his training is about halfway over and I'm hoping that he will be home soon. Pat and I did a lot of baby shopping at Toys R Us since we don't have one here in Enid. She bought her grandbaby a brush since the doctor informed us that he could see hair on the baby's head with the ultrasound. On Friday, she hosted a baby shower for me with her Bunco group. They are wonderful ladies who meet monthly to play Bunco and spend time together. I had a lot of fun and am so thankful for the beautiful gifts they gave to our baby.

Another source of my 'warm, fuzzy' feeling is my Monday morning bible study. It's made up of women from the Student Spouses Group, meaning that all of our husbands are here at Vance for pilot training. Every one of us can understand (or will soon understand) demanding schedules, rigorous academics and husbands that are rarely home since they're either in the air, in the classroom or in a study group. Each of the girls brings something special and I'm so blessed to have found a group that is so faith-filled and family oriented (about half of us have babies). We're doing a Beth Moore study of the book of Daniel, which is focused on integrity. We have 2 sessions under our belts and so far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment