Sunday, November 29, 2009

Black Friday Frenzy!

Though I'm always up for a good sale, I am definitely not a morning person nor someone who tolerates waiting in line for hours so for the 4am doorbuster, I was still fast asleep while many Black Friday shoppers were waiting to get those 'perfect' presents for a steal. However, after a relaxing morning, Pat and I headed out to the mall in search of some good deals at JCPenney's. Not only did we score there (maternity pants for me, new jeans and great jackets for Pat) but also at Motherhood Maternity where Pat treated me to some beautiful dresses, including this one which I'll be wearing to my cousin's rehearsal dinner and friend's wedding in less than 3 weeks!
But the sales didn't stop there- Saturday was our Target and Ulta day where I found great gifts and some wonderful steals for Dan and I, like queen flannel sheets for 13.99 and a queen down comforter for 29.99! I brought Pat over to foundation heaven by introducing her to bareMinerals. While I restocked my makeup bag, she purchased the starter kit to try it out.
Just when I thought the savings were over, today turned out to be another great day and I didn't have to leave the comfort of my in-laws' house! After checking the availability of our bedding set that we had registered for and finding it was no longer at Bed, Bath and Beyond, I started hunting for something that would match the sheets we had received as wedding gifts. It was a long and, at times, overwhelming hunt, but it had a successful end at Overstock.com. For less than what our original set cost, I purchased the beautiful set below plus 2 Euro (square) pillows to go with the Euro shams that came with the set.

This is my first purchase from Overstock, but I'm confident that I'll love it. My mom purchased our baby bedding for us from there and it is darling! (see below)

I hope all the shoppers who are reading this came away from this weekend with some good buys! Feel free to comment on the post to share your favorites.

1 comment:

  1. hi kel!!!!!!!!!! hope all is going well with you!!! we miss you guys and it's great knowing you're going to be with us soon!!! it's great to hear of all of your going ons and you having a nice thanksgiving with the pittners!!! and what a great picture of your "bump" :) you should see mine!!!!!!!! and that you will soon!! well dear it's so nice to have this feature and thanks for sharing!! luv and miss ya lots. ttys aunt annie

    ReplyDelete