Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Day 2009

It's been hours since we finished our amazing meal at Dan's parent's house and I'm still full! We drove in last night and today we probably spent the most time apart as a couple since we've moved to Oklahoma. He was able to get some 'gaming' in with his brother, Ben, and best friend, Dan H., while I helped his mom in the kitchen. We worked diligently and were rewarded with a feast fit for kings. My main contributions were the mashed potatoes (I diced, boiled and then mashed/mixed until there wasn't a lump to be found!) and keeping the kitchen clean by washing our utensils, pans, pots, etc during the preparing. We had delicious, hot dinner rolls which aren't usually featured at my family's Thanksgiving feast since there are so many of us, so I really enjoyed eating those up. Our turkey was very juicy and tender and just the right size for our group.
In between our cooking, Dan's mom (Pat) and I watched our wedding DVD. It was the first time she had seen it and loved every minute. She was very excited when I told her that we had 2 copies and that she could take one to show her mom when she makes a visit to Cleveland early next year. I hadn't watched it in a while and it was nice to see my wonderful family even though we're apart for this holiday. I surprised myself by not getting super emotional (ie: sobbing) today because I wasn't with my family since having married Daniel, I have added to his family to my wonderful family and got to celebrate with them today (and Dan H., who might as well be another brother-in-law).
I hope you all had wonderful Thanksgivings wherever you may be. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment