Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just a slice of Air Force life...

I promised to make 2 coffee cakes for Class 11-11's Red Carpet breakfast tomorrow. They are simply scrumptious coffee cakes and I can't wait to share them with my friends but.... I didn't have bundt pans!

I enjoy baking and have a plethora of pans but still haven't purchased a bundt pan, but I knew I could still make the promised cakes "with a little help from my friends." I know lots of wonderful ladies on base and many of them are better bakers than I! So I contacted 2 of my friends and within about 10 minutes, I had walked to their homes, picked up their pans and caught up with them.

While I know that this kind of thing happens in neighborhoods, apartment buildings, etc all over the world, I want to point out that I've known these great friends for less than 6 months (one of them I just met in May!). Despite this short time frame, I have connected with and come to love these women. It makes me so sad that I can't count on living within walking distance of these friends that I've made but they say "It's a small Air Force" and I sure hope it's true!

And while the "see you later"s are inevitable, I'm going to soak up the warm fuzzies that I get when I text someone about helping me with a "baking emergency" and have them respond with "of course!"

No comments:

Post a Comment