Saturday, June 19, 2010

Welcome to the Catholic family, Anna Grace!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks and I've loved every minute! My friend, Sharon, came out to visit for a whole week including Anna's baptism on June 12 since she is Anna's godmother. She was the driving force behind all the unpacking that happened before our families came in for the baptism festivities. Even though Daniel's family helped us over the weekend to pack and unpack the entire house, there was still a lot to do and with Anna's 4am wake up calls, my motivation and energy level weren't very high... and that's where Sharon came in and saved the day. "Do you want to unpack some boxes? Where does this go?" were frequent questions and little by little we got boxes unpacked and our new house set up.

Daniel started pilot training in the middle of Sharon's visit but still was home to enjoy the fun of having a friend here in the evenings. We had some great meals (with 2 new recipes) and lots of fun with board games and our ever-entertaining Anna Grace. She was all smiles for her Aunt Sharon and we captured some sweet pictures of the two of them.

On Thursday, my family arrived and I was so happy to introduce my brother to his little niece for the first time and show Dad, Mom and Gracie how much she'd grown since they were here in April. Unfortunately, my sister, Katie, was unable to make it. With a case of mono, an eighteen hour car ride was not the best thing for her. We missed her a lot but I'm looking forward to seeing her in August!

My mom, the party planned extraordinaire, helped me plan my first big celebration as a mom- Anna's baptism luncheon. She brought her delicious Italian sausage from Pittsburgh and I made some shredded beef for sandwiches. With pretty pink plates to go with our pink theme, our guests enjoyed lots of yummy food, including this cake:


After a little clean up, our little family headed home so Anna and I could grab a nap and then we were off to St. Francis Xavier Church to get our little girl baptized! She slept through the whole thing except for a few peeks to see what was going on when Father Kevin poured the water on her head.

After the Mass, we headed back to the community center to eat some leftovers and finish cleaning up. It was a wonderful day and I was so happy to have our friends and family here to welcome Anna into the church!

No comments:

Post a Comment