Saturday, June 19, 2010

Roomies: Enid, America Edition!

I had some great roommates during my four years at Saint Mary's but none quite compare to Annaliese, my roomy since 2006! We had some good times, some bad times and some really crazy fun times. One of the best and biggest adventures we had together was my trip to Ireland to visit her while she studied abroad there during our junior year.
Roomies: Ireland Edition

While visiting, I met her boyfriend, Brian (bree-un) who is an Irish native who hails from County Cork. At the time, Annaliese insisted it was just a short term thing but after more than 2 years, several transatlantic visits and thousands of emails, I'd say it's more than a few dates to the pub! He's a true sweetheart and he makes my roomy happy so he's a good guy in my book.

This summer they took a road trip to visit some friends in the heartland- Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma. We were happy to host them in Enid and had a great time showing them around the base. Annaliese was thrilled to meet Anna and it was so cute to see Brian watching the World Cup with Anna on his lap. We went swimming on base, watched Dan do some training during the Aerospace Physiology and had a Sonic picnic in the park. We also watched a lot of soccer (or 'proper football' as Brian would call it.) since the World Cup is going on. Their visit went too quickly, but it was great to see them. I hadn't seen my roomy since my wedding- July 25,2009! Hopefully, we'll be able to see each other in August when Anna and I are in Chicago.
 
Roomies: Enid Edition (plus Anna!)

No comments:

Post a Comment