Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

First of all, I'd like to wish all of the dads out there a very happy Father's Day, especially my own wonderful Daddy. He's always been there when I needed, provided a great example for me my entire life and since I've become a parent myself, I've grown to appreciate my own mom and dad even more. I wish I could give him a big hug right now, but there are just too many miles between Enid and Pittsburgh.

My baby with my Daddy

Today was a simply wonderful day for our little family. It's Dan's first Father's Day and I wanted it to be special, especially since he gave me such a great Mother's Day. I let him sleep in as long as possible and Anna and I were very quiet with her early morning feedings. After we all were up, Dan opened gifts and enjoyed a pancake breakfast with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. His gifts included a keychain from YorkPhoto.com that had Anna's picture on it, a Willow Tree "New Dad" figurine and a certificate that entitled him to a grill plus all the accessories needed to be a grill master.

We had a potluck with his class in the afternoon where I got to spend some time with the wives of his classmates while some of the boys played Mario Kart on the Wii. When Anna started to fuss because she was hungry, we headed home and enjoyed some down time. After a little while, we headed out to "Daddy's favorite store" (Lowes) to pick out Daniel's grill. With Anna in the Baby Bjorn, we picked out a great grill, some utensils and a few handy accessories- a grill brush, a holder for the utensils that attaches to the grill and a grilling basket for making grilled veggies and other sides for summertime meals.


Daniel and Anna

We finished the night off with a meal at Chili's which Anna slept through giving Daniel and I some time for grown up talk and a delicious dessert of a brownies sundae. All in all, it was a great day and I hope we'll have many more happy Father's days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment