Sunday, April 11, 2010

Home Sweet Home!

I have never been happier to see 2 toothbrushes in the bathroom holder or the Irish Spring soap bar in the shower or the Subaru Forrester sitting in the drive... Daniel is finally home and will be home for a long, long time. He successfully completed his training in Colorado and arrived back in Enid yesterday around five- just in time for dinner!

It's so nice to have him back at home. We had a wonderful meal of roast beef, Olive Garden roasted potatoes, and some green beans. I even made my mom's classic dressing for his after-dinner salad. I also baked some brownies for dessert but we didn't get to them since we were so full from dinner! I would have toasted him with champagne, but in my current condition, it's best to stay away from the bubbly stuff.

The baby has been very obedient- we both asked him/her to stay put until Daniel came home and he/she did. I saw the doctor on Wednesday and I'm not dilated at all. He said that there's plenty of time for things to progress naturally but also mentioned that he won't let me go past 41 weeks, which would make the deadline April 30th. Hopefully, we won't have to go the induction route, but it's all in God's hands.

Daniel's only been back 24 hours, but he's been very busy- already picked up and put together (with a little help from me) our headboard and nightstand. We're expecting our couches tomorrow and the rest of our bedroom set arrives on Wednesday. It will be so nice to have all of our furniture in our house instead of on a truck or in a warehouse. We need just a few finishing touches, like curtains for our sliding glass door and a rug for the baby's room, and we'll be set!

No comments:

Post a Comment