Monday, February 1, 2010

My American Hero

It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's my husband- and he's my American hero. Not because he has chosen to serve in the US Air Force (although I'm very proud of him for that, too), but because he has stepped up to the plate during my pregnancy and has been an amazing support for me. I truly think dads-to-be get the shaft as far as recognition goes during the 9 months before parenthood. And believe me, I know that moms-to-be are the ones who go through the weight gain and other crazy body changes, but who is there to tell them that they still look beautiful and attractive after they've gained all that weight? If they're lucky enough to have a husband as wonderful as mine, they have someone to look them in the eye and tell them that they have always been and always will be the most beautiful woman they've ever seen.

Besides boosting my self-confidence, he indulges my pizza cravings, reads me to sleep when I can't relax, massages away my sore back and understands of my varying states of fatigue. He also has dealt with my crazy mood swings with love and lots of hugs. He has definitely gone beyond the call of duty when it comes to being a good husband.

While visiting TheBump.com, there was a question posted on the third trimester board asking moms-to-be what they were most surprised about when it came to pregnancy. A lot of women talked about different symptoms which I haven't experienced (thankfully), but one woman posted something that I could completely understand:
"That it is possible to fall even MORE in love with your husband when he curls up to your belly and talks to your unborn baby."
 Having Daniel talk to our baby is one of my favorite things about being pregnant. The baby is moving so much now that Daniel gets to feel the kicks and punches very often and watching my tummy move is every day entertainment. I love how much Daniel has bonded with our little one already and I know he'll be a great dad. I definitely think that this experience has brought our relationship to a whole new level. And while we didn't think that we would become parents before we celebrated our first anniversary, we are really looking forward to meeting our beautiful baby this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment