Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday=Funday!

Today started out well and has continued to be a really nice time with my sweet Anna. Daniel has been MIA all day but since he's in a course right now that is taught in a SCIF (Secure Compartmented Information Facility), I'm not surprised by the fact he didn't come home for lunch.


We started our morning with a trip to the Dunkin Donuts (a recent addition to Pass Rd that caused quite a buzz among the Keesler spouses) with a new friend, Kelley, and her 2 boys. After Anna enjoyed her 'spinkoll' donut, the two of us split a bottle of milk and delicious cinnamon raisin bagel while talking with Kelley. Her boys (4yo and 7 months) were very well behaved and thankfully, so was Anna. Kelley and I both have sewing projects we're working on, so we hit up Hancock Fabrics for a little shopping which was a miss for Kelley (no boy owl patterns in cotton- only fleece!) and was a so-so trip for me. I found a few fat quarters with which to start Anna's big girl bed quilt to coordinate with the nursery colors. (More posts on that to come!)


Once the inevitable pre-naptime crankiness hit, we knew it was time to leave. Anna and I swung by Winn-Dixie for a few things we couldn't find at the commissary yesterday and came home shortly afterwards.


After a quiet lunchtime with Anna napping and Daniel not home, I was able to get some laundry started before my little girl woke up. And that's when the fun in the kitchen started!


After seeing a facebook post from a friend about food-based, homemade fingerpaints, I was curious. Thanks to this Pinterest post, I found all the needed ingredients in my pantry and got to work. Anna helped by pouring in ingredients into the pot. It didn't take long at all to make, but it did need to cool before little fingers got to painting.


While it was cooling, I decided to make some homemade taco seasoning by following this recipe (another Pinterest find). I'm making Daniel tacos tomorrow, so we'll see how it turns out!


Once the paint was cooled, I put it into 4 containers and added food coloring (red, blue, green, and yellow). I stripped Anna down to her diaper and we went to town fingerpainting out on our back porch. Here's a look at my budding artist!








Once Anna got a bath after this fun (but messy) craft, we headed out to the park to swing.




It's been quite an enjoyable day with my sweet girl. I'm soaking up these Anna & Mommy moments before our little girl is a big sister. I know that the fun and the love will only multiply with our new baby who will arrive in a few months, but I want to make sure we do lots of fun things together in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment