Wednesday, July 28, 2010

And they're off!

Daniel has successfully transitioned to Phase II- Flying the T-6! He took his dollar ride yesterday and had another flight this afternoon. It's exciting to be moving on with training but now begins his mandatory 12 hour days. Both Monday and Tuesday dinners have been eaten after 8 but I don't really mind. I love sharing meals with my husband (of 1 year and 3 days- we celebrated our first anniversary on Sunday) and my little girl. Anna obviously can't eat the meal but we sit her in her Bumbo seat and she joins us at the table.

Anna and Tigger in her Bumbo seat.

They say the first fifteen days of each phase are the hardest so it's probably good that Anna and I will be gone for the next few weeks so Daniel can focus on flying.

His class is broken into 2 flights. Daniel is in C Flight (or Cobra Flight) in the 8th Flying Training Wing. His classmates are a good group of people and we enjoyed a Friday night party at one of their houses off base. Since they aren't allowed to leave the flight room while on formal release, I've decided to bake them some treats to fuel their energy as they study and prepare for flights. Tomorrow I'll deliver some chocolate chip cookies before a trip to the commissary and BX.

I can't believe it's already Wednesday! I've been mentally preparing for our trip but now I need to start packing! Thankfully, I was able to get the laundry done today and I will be packing tomorrow. I am so excited to get to the beach! Only 4 more days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment