Thursday, December 10, 2009

Where We Are Now!

So after an ingenius packing session (see below) and lunch at my parents' house, Daniel and I hit the road for our halfway point- St. Louis, MO. When we arrived at the Cherokee Lodge and got settled, it became our home, which is why I am only letting the housekeepers in about twice a week- I enjoy our privacy and since I spend a lot of time in the room, I use the "Do Not Disturb" sign a lot.


 Here are some pictures of our first place at Vance AFB.

Here is the kitchen... yes, the stove is that small... and I have fully learned to appreciate the usually standard double sink in the kitchen. Thank goodness we have a normal sized fridge!


Our bed- not quite as pretty as when the housekeeper makes it, a recliner that we've never used except for storage and a nightside that plays host to my glasses and cell phone which is what wakes us up every morning.


Outside of the building- our room is on the other side where we see this outside of our door:


There are displays like this all over the base! I'm excited to show our little one all the different planes once he or she arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment