Tuesday, February 28, 2012

In the home stretch!

I still can't believe I have less than 3 weeks until I meet our newest addition. This pregnancy has gone SO quickly that it doesn't seem like the baby is almost ready to come, but the calendar and my belly size tell me otherwise!
TheBump.com's calendar of things to do told me to pack my hospital bag around 20 weeks... I'm now 37 weeks and the bag is still not packed... I will definitely have it done by the end of this week, I promise! (FYI: I've ignored 99% of their list, at least their timeline for doing things.)
Anna and I toured the Labor & Delivery wing of the hospital last week and I liked what I saw. The rooms are LDRP rooms which means I'll be in the same room for everything and so will the baby. They have a baby station where they do measurements, first vaccinations, bath, etc, so Baby P won't have to leave the room at all.
The other nice thing is that the nurse mentioned some of the standard procedures which gave me a lot of peace about having the baby there! One of the things that I'm most happy about is that unless there is something wrong, they let us bond with the baby before doing all the neonatal stuff. Since Anna was delivered by C-section, I got to see her for just a few minutes before they took her away while they finished with me in the operating room.
The other thing that made me very happy is that they only make you stay 24 hours after the baby is born (unless you deliver in the middle of the night, then you stay an extra night so they're not discharging you when you'd like to be sleeping!). Since our guess date (March 19) is so close to Daniel's graduation (March 23), I am praying that I am able to be there for his graduation so I can pin on his career badge. I'm stressing too much about this, I know God has a plan and He knows how important this graduation is to us!

One thing we did this time around that we didn't do last time was to have professional maternity photos taken. We used our self-timer feature to get some when I was pregnant with Anna and that was enough for us. This time, we were lucky enough to find wonderful photographer who was giving away 2 free sessions to help build up her portfolio. We took the pictures at a beach in nearby Ocean Springs and we are so happy with how they turned out. Here are a few of them. I'll be picking up the CD with all of them this week- I can't wait to see more!



No comments:

Post a Comment