Sunday, May 16, 2010

I love being a mommy!

As I sit here with Anna fast asleep on my chest, I still can't believe she's ours. She is so sweet and wonderful and Daniel and I can't get enough of her little noises and faces. She changes everyday and is growing big and strong. She's visited the pediatrician twice for her well-baby check ups. The first visit she was back to her birth weight (6lb. 3oz.) and on Friday, she weighed in at 7 pounds 1 ounce which means she averaged more than an ounce per day in between her visits! With this news, the doctor told us we don't have to wake her for feedings anymore- she'll let us know when she's hungry. And she certainly does! Her little cries come over the monitor and we're up and tending to our little princess.

She's met all of her baby friends and they (along with their wonderful mommies and more of my friends) welcomed her with an All Pink baby shower on Thursday. It was so much fun! Anna slept through a good part of it, but I enjoyed talking with my girlfriends, eating delicious food and playing shower games. We got so many beautiful gifts and Anna has been in a new outfit every day since then! She's so tiny that many of her 0-3month clothes are still too big but she has a lot to grow into and she'll be stylin' for a long time.

1 comment: